All Posts

To see all flags published, click here.

Dec 30, 2012

New Jersey

I wouldn't post my New Jersey flag proposal now because I think it’s not completely done, but I'll post it as a way to propagate the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative I take part with the objective of collect the biggest number of flags proposals to the US states. If you want to share your own flag, mail to vexillologywiki@gmail.com.

Firstly, let’s see the current New Jersey flag:


















[Current flag]
It hasn't a blue background, but a buff-color instead. With this exception, it has the same problems of a great part of USA state flags: intricate coat of arms, writings, some generic symbolism (Phrygian cap, cornucopia, Greek goddesses). If you look the previous sentence, you’ll notice coats of arms aren't a great problem; it's their complexity. My first stylization of the flag was a little strange (see Peter Orenski's design for inspiration):
  
















[My proposed flag]
Next to it, I noticed NJ coat of arms's shield isn't a bad one (an obvious reference to state agriculture), it only needs to be simplified:

















[My proposed flag]
It’s not bad for me, although the color palette isn't my favorite, but if you think it's too boring, there's a new one, with a reference to Jersey flag (from where the state takes its name).

















[My proposed flag]
Comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment